What is the most important thing I learnt from the life of Mahatma Gandhi?

Few days back I started to read a book on Gandhiji titled ‘Bahuroope Gandhi’ by Anu Bandyopadhyaya. One of the extracts from the book is also in my Hindi text book. So, I generated even more interest in this book. Since early childhood I have been listening to the stories attached with Mahatma Gandhi. How Mahatma Gandhi was able to mobilise people from all sections and segments of society. Simple man with intellectual thinking, pure heart and love for his motherland. Whenever I used to listen to his stories I got to be attracted towards his personality and as I am reading this book, I have witnessed a multi-faceted personality of Mahatma Gandhi. Mahatma Gandhi is not just a human being he was an epitome of purity simplicity and empathy and pride. There is so much to learn from Mahatma Gandhi and his self-sufficient approach. His humanly behaviour towards all. His positivity towards life and the promotion of self-produced and locally produced goods and clothing like ‘Khadi’ is an example of pride for the majesty of our motherland. His thought about cleanliness and practically doing all the things by himself. Mahatma Gandhi had a clear vision and approach towards life where he propagated and promoted non-violence, truth and self-sufficiency. Coming from an Elite family and a successful Barrister himself he left everything because he suffered and felt the pain of the nation under the British colonial rule.




Mahatma Gandhi was lovingly called ‘Bapu’. I am learning something new every day. Maybe you may get all the comforts of life and have the best of facilities for yourself till you don't have humanitarian approach towards society, you cannot fulfil your responsibility as a human being. The lesson learnt from Mahatma Gandhi's life is not one but so many. The lessons of nonviolence. The lesson of self-sufficiency and self-reliance. The lesson of self-confidence. The lesson that if you want to do something in life no one can stop you. We have to face all the challenges and the hurdles of life with a smile and with an attitude of pure heart. With sincerity if we do some work, we won't be a failure and we will get success and will be respected by even the people who are against us. It is not that only in India he is respected but world over is being idolized by the people because of his ideologies, principles and promises in life which he made to himself as well as to the nation. The great nation India for which he was working. So, in the end I would just like to conclude that I hope wish and pray that as and when I will grow, I will follow the ideologies and the principles of this great man 'Mahatma Gandhi' and will adopt and inculcate the habit in me which has been given by Mahatma Gandhi.

 

Written By: Om